Friday, February 15, 2008

health center

The health center here on campus is basically a waste of time. I waited there for an hour and all the nurse did as give me the same medicine I could of got at the local Giant Eagle. It is not worth it to go there if I'm going to get that kind of service. I also got mad whenever people that arrived after me got called into the office before I did. My final time at the health center was an hour and a half and all i got was cough syrup and a couple cough drops.

3 comments:

Preston said...

I agree. The health center could be a lot better. You do have to wait there for a crazy amount of time and all you get is come cough drops and Sudafed. You can get what you need at the Rite-aid right down the road. The only benefit is that it is free.

nikepresto said...

the health center is like a bunch of lunchladies pretending to be nurses. my roomate had MRSA, a life-threatening skin infection, and they told her she had the flu. sometimes i wonder if someone will come in with a SERIOUS problem and nothing will be done to help. i'd rather go to my family physician an hour away than wait for a "diagnosis" at the health center. but that's just me.

carly whisler said...

i agree. i had strep throat all last year and the only thing they gave me was advil and a salt rinse or whatever. I ended up having to get my tonsils out and the whole time they just said it isn't that bad it's a mild case. I guess if you want cough drops or somthing you could go there, but other than that it's pointless.